Last week we changed our source code revision control system from CVS to Subversion. The project is still located at sourceforge.net and the source code can be checked out as described below. The old CVS repository is still available, but not visible anymore on our project page at sourceforge.net.
Besides switching to Subversion we also brought a new code base into the repository which will be the base of our development towards version 2.0. This new code can be found on the trunk, but is not completely stable at the moment. We still have a number of issues here that we are working on. However, note that we completely changed the build system. We switched from VC++ 6.0 to VC++ 9.0 (Visual Studio 2008). Quite a step. Unfortunately, the express edition of Visual Studio does not suffice to compile the code since it does not support MFC. Any other edition should work.
This enormous step forward has been made possible by a single very skilled developer with lots of guts: Sergiu Dotenco. Thank you so much Sergiu!
The previous development line with VC++ 6.0 will come to an end. A good one. We will make a stable 1.0 version this year. It will be built upon 1 Beta 7.50. Since we did not yet recieve much reports about problems with this release, I think that the stable release will not be too far away. The version 1.0 line can also be found on a branch in the repository (see below).
TeXnicCenter Subversion Repository
TeXnicCenter can be checked out from the Subversion repository using
This creates a working copy of the main development line in the subdirectory 'TeXnicCenter'.
TeXnicCenter 1.0 Branch
TeXnicCenter 1.0 development line can be checked out from the Subversion repository using